Beef Bourguignon II
I modified the recipe a bit:)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- I added a dash of valley lightning, but you can add other spices
- 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
I started this in the morning so I could have it ready for dinner.
- Melt the butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat and brown well on all sides. Pour this into a crock pot.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the onion, carrots and garlic to it. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender. add the wine, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme. Pour over meat. Let simmer on low in the crockpot until dinner.
For full recipe visit allresipes here
Fat Pumpkin Butter Bombs
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1/2 stick grass-fed butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- Splenda to taste
Melt coconut oil in the microwave until liquid and hot. Add the butter and whip well with a fork until blended.
Keep whipping and stir in the pumpkin until smooth and creamy. Add Splenda, spices and stir.
Drop by the spoonful on parchment paper and place in the refrigerator until firm, about 10 minutes.
Remove from fridge, roll the fat bomb mixture into 1 inch size balls and place immediately back into the fridge for at least one hour.
*Since I don’t eat fat bombs every day I freeze them.*
Find more recipes here.
Salmon Cakes (A friend of mine made these for me)
cooked and crumbled salmon- you can use canned also (make sure to drain well)
red bell peppers
onions-green or sweet
2 or 3 heaping tbsp mayo
- Saute bell pepper, onions, and celery. Add to salmon. Mix. Add spices, capers, and mayo. Mix well. Before adding the eggs taste the salmon blend. If your satisfied with the amount of spices add the eggs-if not add more spices. Stir well! (I’m tempted to add garlic when I make it.)
- Shape into patties and set on a cookie dish with parchment paper.
- Place in freezer for 30 min.
- Fry in olive or coconut oil until brown and crisp on both sides. Fragile-Handle with care!
- Squeeze some lemon on top and viola.