Coconut Flour Biscuits:
- ⅓ cup coconut flour (Higher altitudes may require more.)
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Stir until blended. (Use hand mixer, or food processor if desired.)
- Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes to allow dough to expand and become cohesive.
- Form into “patties” and press onto baking stone or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until done.
I had to get creative with this. The zucchini was given to me and of course No spaghetti sauce! But I did have everything in my pantry and garden to make my own:)
Here’s the Spaghetti sauce link:
Total Time: 3 hr 20 min
Yield:16 servings (I cut it in half and didn’t make the meatballs. Check link)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped – (I used 3)
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
2 (28-ounce) cans ground tomatoes- (I used one can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.)
3/4 (28-ounce) can water (from empty ground tomato can), or 21 ounces water – (I added water to consistency.)
1/4 teaspoon salt –(1/8 teaspoon.)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper- (1/8 teaspoon.)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the Gravy: In the skillet, heat the reserved oil, add the onion and garlic and saute for approximately 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Fill the empty tomato paste can full of water, add to the skillet, and cook for 1 minute, stirring, add the ground tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Fill the empty ground tomato can 1/4 full of water and add to the saucepan, along with the tomato paste mixture from the skillet. Add the salt, ground pepper, and parsley and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, then cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent sticking and burning on bottom of pan.
Recipe courtesy of Frank Imbergamo, Medford, MA
*Remeber I had to get creative so my ingredients changed a little*
- 3 zucchini
- 1 pound pork sausage (I used ground beef.)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs- (I two eggs instead of bread crumbs.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in bowl. Mix seeds with sausage, garlic, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Stuff squash with sausage mixture and place in 9×13 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over squash and cover pan with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until sausage is cooked. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
*Don’t forget the Tacos!*