- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, 10 oz each
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or a mixture is nice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or other spice mixture to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoon dry white wine if you have it around
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice if you don’t have the wine
- 1 drop liquid sweetener or a pinch of a powder (just a small amount to balance flavors)
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (not the dried kind in the can)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Defrost spinach in the boxes or in a 2-quart casserole dish.
Fry onion in the oil or butter until it begins to soften.
Mix all ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese in the casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean and cheese on top begins to brown.
Makes 8 servings.
Ginger Sesame Chicken:
Ginger Sesame Marinade (I bought mine from the store.)
Marinate chicken thighs in a casserole dish for a few hours. Place Cinnamon Basil on top of thighs (I picked a few leaves of my plant.) Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, take off cover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup melted coconut oil plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 drops Protocol stevia (I used some coconut sugar)
- To make the crepes combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium. Lightly coat with coconut oil. Add ⅓ cup batter. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter. (Coat pan with coconut as needed.)
- To keep crepes warm set in an oven at 200 degrees until ready to eat.
- To make the blueberry cream cheese filling place the blueberries, water and seasonings in small pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Lower and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix with a spoon mix until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the stove and set aside.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of the blueberry filling on each crepe down the center. Take one side of the crepe and roll it over the filling and continue rolling until you have a tube.
I also made up some Beef Enchilada’s. I used gluten free corn tortilla’s because I already had them and I ran out of cream cheese-they’re not too high in carbs. But I found a low carb recipe too.
How to make it
- Beat or whisk the cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in cheese; mix well.
- Grease a 9 x 13″ baking dish; spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bottom.
- Bake at 350º, 35 minutes or until browned, but not too dark.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before adding the topping.
- Brown the hamburger; drain fat.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and chiles.
- Spread over the crust.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake another 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice (add additional carbs).
- Makes 8-12 servings
- Can be frozen 3 grams carbs each serving (8)